Things to consider when buying a property on St Helena
Here are some of the things you need to consider when buying property in St Helena:
- Budget: The cost of property in St Helena can vary depending on the location and the type of property. It is important to set a budget before you start looking for property.
- Location: The location of the property is important to consider. If you are looking for a property in the heart of Jamestown, Half tree Hollow, Seaview, or the St Pauls area you will need to be prepared to pay more. If you are looking for a property in more rural areas, such as Longwood, Sandy Bay or Blue Hill you will be able to find properties at a lower price.
- Type of property: There are a variety of types of property available on St Helena, including houses, bungalow style property, and just land. It is important to decide what type of property you are looking for before you start looking.
- Legal issues: When buying property in St Helena, it is important to be aware of the legal issues involved. You will need to get someone to help with the purchase.
- Financial implications: Buying property in St Helena can have financial implications. You will need to have the cash to finance the purchase.
You might also need to pay property taxes on the value and some other fees.
If you are considering buying property in St Helena, it is important to do your research and to understand the legal implications of buying a property if you are not a local or a UK passport holder.
You should also talk to the Islands immigration or legal and lands department at Essex house in Jamestown to get more information.