Available for rent on a fixed term basis is a property known as Bertrand’s Cottage.
This amazing restored property is offered to the private sector or any individual who would be interested in a potential local business venture on St Helena.
The cottage comes fully furnished and equipped with a commercial standard kitchen.
On the first floor of the cottage is two en-suite rooms, which overlooks the cottage grounds, hosting specular views of Deadwood Plain (Boer camp) and Flagstaff.
Bertrand’s cottage forms a big part in St Helena’s history, as it is a historical building, which is located in the well-known area of Longwood and it was the home to Napoleon at the beginning of his exile is 1821.
The cottage is situated a short walk from Longwood House and it was Napoleons final residence whilst on St Helena.
Longwood is approximately seven miles from the Island’s capital Jamestown and three miles away from the St Helena Airport.
History tells that from the cottage Napoleon and General Bertrand would often watch the horse races that took place on Deadwood Plain.
The entire building was recently restored in 2016 and on completion of restoration works, the cottage was reopened with a functional restaurant and accommodation.
The contact form below can completed below for requesting information and expressions of interest from the property’s agent or owner.